BPM is the activity of looking into and controlling the processes that are present in an organization.
For many years BPM has proven itself to be an effective methodology to make certain that the processes are efficient and effective, resulting in a better and more cost efficient organization.
BPM is not a technology, though there are many technologies (BPM Systems) on the marked that supports the BPM methodology.
Taking on BPM involves the following steps:
- Analyze – your current business process
- Model – your process to eliminate bottlenecks and improve information flow
- Implement – technology and procedures to support your process flow
- Monitor – usage and activity in daily operation
- Manage – errors, obstacles and situations preventing process flow to run as planned
- Automate – as much as possible of process rules, decisions and communication
- Re-design – process flow and logic based on experience and changing business requirements